Church of S. Benedetto

The church, now standing in a courtyard off the main street, originally served the hamlet of Ardinghi, an autonomous   district of the town of Angri, whose name reveals its medieval origins. The church dates from this period: the Baroque fašade fronts a triple nave. It has recently been restored, when remains of frescoes below the present ground level came to light. The church contains a precious painting on board of the Madonna and Saints dated 1503, one of the oldest examples of Renaissance painting in the region.

Period

Medieval period

Location

Ardinghi Hamlet - Ardinghi Way

INDEX

Angri's Tour

zoom  zoom  zoom  zoom  zoom