Ex Episcopal Seminary

This large building stands at the entrance to the Vescovado quarter, just off the main road linking the two Noceras. Together with Palazzo De Francesco almost opposite, it provides a noble entrance to the avenue leading to the bishop’s palace, beneath its grandiose 18th century bell tower. Currently undergoing restoration, it used to house the Seminary of the diocese, founded in 1564, and subsequently, from 1865, the beginnings of what was to become the Liceo Classico “Vico”. The four arms surround a central courtyard; the simple façades with two storeys have windows adorned with typically 18th century stucco decorations.


18th century


Vescovado - Minzoni way


Nocera Inferiore's Tour

zoom  zoom